ADVOCACY & OUTREACH
- Chair team visits the Montes de Maria region of Colombia
- UNESCO Chair team at IAMCR 2017 in Cartagena
- CR NATCON 2017 recommendations made public for feedback
- Khanabadhoshon Ki Duniya – A World of Migrants Disrupting the Singular Narrative
- South Asian Community Radio groups flag need for networking
- Going Desi in London
- Stations learn to document their radio practices; produce 40 video diaries
- ‘Community media is making the media landscape of South Asia more pluralistic’
- Time for a reboot
- Learning by Heart
- The UNESCO Chair on Community Media at the Department of Communication, University of Hyderabad has been renewed for a further period of four years, until December 2019.
Follow this link for a detailed four-year report of the Chair’s activities.
- Our CR-CIT publications: German, Bangla, Hindi, English
Among other things, the basic premises of CAMP include:
· Children must be seen as producers and contributors of information and not only as consumers.
· Community media can play an important role in strengthening cultural rights, and in particular, the rights of linguistic and cultural minorities, and indigenous peoples by providing access to the means of communication.
· Access to the means of communication must be supplemented by education and training to assist a critical understanding of the media and to enable children to develop their media and communication skills.