ADVOCACY & OUTREACH
- Voices from the field – Krishnaveni K
- Voices from the field – Shridatta Gaikwad
- Voices from the field – Zahed Farooqui
- Voices from the field – Radha Shukla
- EDITORIAL – A call for reform and rejuvenation
- Conference on Migration and Media Awareness held in Hamburg – Chair represented
- N A Shah Ansari makes a pitch for capacity building to revive CR sector in India
- Policy reform in the works as CR completes ten years in Bangladesh
- Walking the Talk – Independent forum crucial to represent CR sector’s struggles
- CR loses a guiding light
- The UNESCO Chair on Community Media at the Department of Communication, University of Hyderabad has been renewed for a further period of four years, until December 2019.
Follow this link for a detailed four-year report of the Chair’s activities.
- Our CR-CIT publications: German, Bangla, Hindi, English
Among other things, the basic premises of CAMP include:
· Children must be seen as producers and contributors of information and not only as consumers.
· Community media can play an important role in strengthening cultural rights, and in particular, the rights of linguistic and cultural minorities, and indigenous peoples by providing access to the means of communication.
· Access to the means of communication must be supplemented by education and training to assist a critical understanding of the media and to enable children to develop their media and communication skills.