ADVOCACY & OUTREACH
- South Asian Community Radio groups flag need for networking
- Going Desi in London
- Stations learn to document their radio practices; produce 40 video diaries
- ‘Community media is making the media landscape of South Asia more pluralistic’
- Time for a reboot
- Learning by Heart
- ‘South Asia CR stations must advocate for liberal legislation’
- Gram Vaani adopts a new avatar
- Children introduced to CR and its potential
- The UNESCO Chair on Community Media at the Department of Communication, University of Hyderabad has been renewed for a further period of four years, until December 2019.
Follow this link for a summary by the Chairholder and a detailed four-year report of the Chair’s activities.
- Our CR-CIT publications:
Among other things, the basic premises of CAMP include:
· Children must be seen as producers and contributors of information and not only as consumers.
· Community media can play an important role in strengthening cultural rights, and in particular, the rights of linguistic and cultural minorities, and indigenous peoples by providing access to the means of communication.
· Access to the means of communication must be supplemented by education and training to assist a critical understanding of the media and to enable children to develop their media and communication skills.