ADVOCACY & OUTREACH
- National Leadership and Capacity Building Program for Community Radio Practitioners – TARANG
- Community Radio Stations in Coastal Bangladesh in addressing Cyclone ROANU in Disaster Risk Reduction
- Sky is the limit for community radio: Arun Jaitley
- World Radio Day 2016: CR for emergency and disaster
- Building peace: Community Radio in Cameroon
- Women head operations in Dodoma FM 98.4
- CR for disaster mitigation: Too little and too late
- Lessons from India’s first emergency radio
- Pantnagar Janvani organizes CR workshop on Panchayati Raj
- Regional meet connects community radio stations across Maharashtra
- The UNESCO Chair on Community Media at the Department of Communication, University of Hyderabad has been renewed for a further period of four years, until December 2019.
Follow this link for a summary by the Chairholder and a detailed four-year report of the Chair’s activities.
- Our CR-CIT publications:
Among other things, the basic premises of CAMP include:
· Children must be seen as producers and contributors of information and not only as consumers.
· Community media can play an important role in strengthening cultural rights, and in particular, the rights of linguistic and cultural minorities, and indigenous peoples by providing access to the means of communication.
· Access to the means of communication must be supplemented by education and training to assist a critical understanding of the media and to enable children to develop their media and communication skills.