We are looking for an Editorial Assistant to become a member of our team at the UNESCO Chair on Community Media, University of Hyderabad.
Key functions of the Editorial Assistant include:
a) Setting up and Maintenance of South Asia Network for Community Media (SANCOM), including the development of an online platform for engagement and the subsequent administration, management and communication related to the SANCOM
b) Maintenance of CRux – Community Radio User Experience, an online Community of Practice.
c) Collating, editing and updating of content for the Chair website (http://uccommedia.in/), Chair publications, and social media.
- Have a Master’s degree in (Mass) Communication/Journalism or in a relevant Social Science discipline from a recognized University or Institution, with at least 55% marks cumulatively.
- Possess ability to work with computers, including skills for managing websites and online activities related to networking.
- Be willing to stay in Hyderabad for the duration of the appointment
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills. A strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration will add value to any application for this position.
- Knowledge of WordPress and working with themes/plugins will be an added advantage.
- Candidates with demonstrable experience in conducting research or doing project management in international development, communication for development or related fields will be preferred.
Duration of Appointment
The Editorial Assistant will be appointed initially for a period of one year, extendable for the duration of the project on the basis of performance. Once a decision is conveyed to the selected candidate, he/she would be expected to join at short notice.
This appointment will be tenable at the UNESCO Chair on Community Media located within the Department of Communication, University of Hyderabad. This will be a project-based appointment and will not be deemed to be a regular position at University of Hyderabad.
Salary: The selected candidate will be paid a consolidated salary of Rs. 25,000 per month.
Ensure you have the following documents before you apply online:
- Your CV;
- A digital passport size photograph. The file should be your name. For example, if your name is Vasuki Belavadi, the file you upload should be vasukibelavadi.
- Transcripts of academic record;
Please consolidate all the above documents into one PDF and upload them online. The consolidated file should be your name. For example, if your name is Vasuki Belavadi, the consolidated file should be named vasukibelavadi.
Candidates must apply online before January 17, 2015. Applications received through any other means will not be considered.
APPLY ONLINE Short-listed candidates may be interviewed either in person or on Skype.
(The appointment will be subject to finalization of project contracts by partners and funding agencies.)